When John and I got married we loved throwing dinner parties. Obviously we still do.
This Eggplant Bruschetta was one of the few appetizers I had on repeat at those dinner parties. It was actually one of the first recipes I ever put on the blog.
I went to make it a few weeks ago and realized wow I sure hope people haven’t tried to make it because the directions were confusing and measurements were a little wacky! Luckily 6 years later my cooking skills have gotten a little better. So recipe tested and approved now. Haha
Like I said before things are a little busy with my job and Amelia is sick yet again. So short and sweet today! Things will calm down in the next month or so. And hopefully all the recipes like Maple Bacon Gravy, BBQ Chicken Sliders, Brown Sugar Bourbon Cocktail will finally make an appearance on the blog! Fingers crossed!
- 1 medium eggplant, diced (about 4 cups)
- Olive oil
- ½ teaspoon. red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- ¼ cup drained capers
- ¾ cup diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- ¼ cup blue cheese crumbles
- French baguette, sliced into ½ inch pieces
- Preheat oven 425 degrees
- Dice eggplant, put in bowl with olive oil. Put parchment paper on baking sheet then place eggplant on the paper. Bake 15 minutes
- Add oil to medium skillet, add onion, red pepper flakes, and paprika. Cook for 5 minutes. Add garlic, saute for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Remove eggplant from oven, add to bowl with onion mixture. Then add capers, diced tomatoes, sherry vinegar and oregano. Cover and refrigerate for 45 minutes.
- Brush some olive oil on bread and add eggplant mixture. Top with a few blue cheese crumbles. Turn on broiler and broil for 3-4 minutes.
A new year means a new you right? And a new kind of burger for me – Black Bean Burgers that is. I am sure you could have guessed that the number 1 New Year’s resolution every year is to lose weight. I definitely want to be healthier so I guess that means I am[Read More…]
Maybe I am just not ready for 2017 so I figure let’s take one more look back through this year’s top recipes before we dive into the new year. #10 – Maple Glazed Donuts – Still can’t believe this was the very first time I ever made donuts #9 – Cheese and Charcuterie Board – Glad[Read More…]
How are you ringing in the new year? Well if you are in my family – right now we are bringing in the new year with germs. Yes we are sick. AGAIN. And this weather going from 67 degrees at the end of December to 33 degrees every other day does not seem to be[Read More…]
This classic Green Bean Casserole is on our table for every Thanksgiving and Christmas, but this time it got a little makeover! Because I’m an only child I’ve grown up spending most holidays with my parents, aunts, and uncles. Then a few years ago I decided I would like to be able to make everyone’s favorite dishes for[Read More…]
If you know someone who loves to eat, drink, grill, or cook then this Holiday Gift Guide is perfect for the foodie in your life! There is something you should know about me when it comes to gifts. I love to put a lot of thought into each gift I give. But I also used to[Read More…]
What do you when it’s cold and rainy out and you’re stuck inside with two sick toddlers? You bake! And watch lots of Disney Jr of course Let me back up. I’m sure you’ve seen on the news all the wildfires in the south – in Birmingham we had 61 days with no rain. Well[Read More…]