For opening day of college football (yes 3 months ago) I made this dip. Remember when I told yall I had a bunch of recipes pending? Well this is one of them and now I am getting around to posting it. I obviously haven’t made the dip since I became pregnant. And technically haven’t had my normal game day spread since Josh and William moved away. So I thought what perfect time to share it than after an amazing weekend of football?!?!
If you don’t know what I am talking about then you obviously don’t know me very well or watch SEC football. My Auburn Tigers beat #5 Missouri in the SEC Championship. And the cherry on the top – Michigan State knocked off the #2 Ohio State. What does that mean? Auburn in going to the National Title game!
So whether it’s for the National Championship game on January 6th, the Super Bowl, or just a fun little dinner party this is a quick cold dip to whip up! This dip is creamy with a little tang from the ranch mix and has a rich hint from the Shiner Bock. But you of course could use whatever beer you fancy!
- 2 packages of cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ cup beer
- 1 packet of ranch dip mix
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives (plus extra for garnish)
- Combine cream cheese, ranch mix, cheddar cheese, dry mustard, and chives.
- Gradually stir in beer. Mix all together. Add in more beer if necessary.
- Garnish with some fresh chives and serve with pretzels and pita chips.
Menu of the Week
Roasted Red Pepper, Goat Cheese and Herb Spaghetti with Green Beans
Grateful Cowboy Pizza
Dessert: Strawberry Rhubarb Pie