As I was working on this post early in the morning I decided I needed a little inspiration (ie enjoying one of these cookies). Don’t judge they are that good – I mean I rarely eat sweets and I am pretty sure this is the first time in my life I have had a cookie for breakfast. Maybe this evens it out since I had a healthy cranberry orange smoothie yesterday – isn’t that how people justify eating and drinking?
I rarely cook or bake stuff on a whim. I can, but I rarely do – I am more methodical and like to sit down and plan. Just like when all my friends tell me I need to go a on cooking show challenge or something – definitely not my cup of tea but I do appreciate the vote of confidence! But Saturday I woke up and got to work on our very messy kitchen! You would think after my mama telling me for years to clean as I go it would stick but it doesn’t. Time ended up getting the best of me though because John informed me we had an hour until we had to leave to go to Josh’s to watch the Bama game. One hour to shower, get ready and come up with a few things to bring to snack on.
Luckily I knew I could whip together some Beer Cheese Dip at Josh’s place. I also decided to also take the Zucchini Apple Bread I had just worked on for my Bakin’ Friends, and then I got stuck. I knew I needed something sweet and thought that I should make some cookies since John loves them so much. Typically I would make my go to Salted Butterscotch Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookies but I didn’t have any of those ingredients. But what I did have was some bourbon and Dove Caramel Chocolate. Perfect, that was all I needed.
Use whatever bourbon you have on hand or by a little mini of one at the store if you are not a bourbon drinker. I hope I don’t get in trouble though because as soon as John sees this post he’ll notice I used his nice Bourbon in my cookies the last time I made these. Oh well that’s what made them taste so good and to justify it even more these were made just for him! Sorry Johnny!
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 1½ cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoon bourbon (I have used Knob Creek, Basil Hayden's and Blanton's)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2¼ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup Dove Caramel Chocolate Promises (roughly chopped)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a standing mixer, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and continue to mix. Then mix in bourbon and vanilla until well combined.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, salt and baking soda. Add the dry ingredients to the batter and mix.
- With a spatula gently stir in the chopped Dove caramel chocolate.
- Scoop cookie dough with a spoon onto 2 baking pans prepared with parchment paper.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes.