Weird title right? Well first off I know it is the time of the year to be making cookies! I would love to but baby blueberry (who is the size of a turnip today – 17 weeks) is a mini version of me and does not crave sweets! Well, other than the occasional chocolate chip cookie which is why I have the dough frozen. All I have to do is break off one piece and bake one cookie. Yes I know it’s a little strange, and some may even call it restraint. But then again restraint is still needed with cheese, what can I say mama and baby love cheese!! But that’s besides the point of today’s post isn’t it?! You came here for the creamed corn!
Ever need those no fuss side dishes? Trust me this is one of them and it is bursting with flavor. Whenever I am recipe testing on a new entree and need an easy side dish this is my go to. I mean mix ingredients in a dish, bake, check & stir, and devour! Sounds easy enough right? This will definitely be put on your side dish rotation or like our family our holiday dish rotation as well!
- 3 cans white shoe peg corn, drained
- ¾ stick of butter, melted
- Half pint of whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine corn, butter, cream, flour, ½ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon of pepper in a greased baking dish.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven add in another ½ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper.
- Place back in oven and repeat Step # 3.
- Remove from oven and serve.