How do you celebrate Memorial Day? Picnic? BBQ? We can always count on celebrating John’s birthday around Memorial Day. This past weekend we not only got to go home but go up to John’s family farm. John went fishing and I got a tan, played fetch with the dogs, and relaxed.
So whether it’s with friends or family fire up your grill or pack a bag for a picnic. Have some deviled eggs, coleslaw, pasta salad, and ribs!
Menu for the Week
Fish Tacos and Spanish Croquettes
Baked Spaghetti Pie with Spinach Salad with Sweet Potatoes and Toasted Walnuts
Dessert: Apple Pie
- 7 eggs
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- Place eggs in saucepan with water to cover and bring to a boil. Add a tsp. of vinegar and pinch of salt. This helps contain egg whites from leaking out of any cracked shells.
- Reduce heat to low once it starts boiling. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Cover and let it sit for 20 minutes.
- Pour off hot water and refill pot with cold water. Let them sit in cold water for 5 minutes.
- Crack the eggs while cooling by rolling each egg on a hard surface. Carefully peel of the shell.
- Slice eggs in half, lengthwise. Gently remove yolk halves and place in bowl.
- Mash with fork and add mayonnaise, mustard, and shallot. '
- Place egg white halves on a serving platter.
- Scoop spoonful on yolk mixture into each egg white half. Sprinkle with paprika.