You say the word dip and you have my attention. You say dip that has cheese in it then you know I will be hovering over the bowl.
I don’t know which to start off with first – that I have a new dip obsession or maybe a new book obessesion. Okay I need to pace myself – first college football kickoff happened last night, and my Auburn Tigers play tomorrow afternoon. But I can tell you the one thing that will make an appearance while watching the game is this dip.
Now remember this dip comes with a warning – you may not watch as much of the game because you are licking the bowl…I mean I keep it real over here – I might have done this already. I blame pregnancy.
Now about my book obsession…Domestic Chic: A Fashionably Fabulous Guide to Cooking & Entertaining by the Seasons
Who wouldn’t want a book that is not only written by a certified nutritionist (so you know she gives you tips to make some of these dishes a little healthier), but also includes some killer menus?!
Inside you’ll find:
- Ideas for creating a wonderful themed party
- Instead of the typical layout of cookbook sections – appetizers, entrees, desserts, etc. the chapters are broken down by the seasons
- Furthermore each season has about 5 menus for holidays and other celebrations (ya that’s right 20+ preplanned menus)
My favorite has to be her Football Mania menu. She has recipes for Mixed Stuffed Peppers, Nonna Dina’s Sauce, this Hot Swiss Dip, Portobello Burgers, Cha Cha Chili, and White Chocolate Chip Macadamia Nut Cookies. I mean who wouldn’t want to have the stress taken away from menu planning – me that’s who.
Some meals from her Harvesting (fall) season include French Onion Soup, Braised Beef Short Ribs, Pumpkin Bread, and Sweet Potato Pie.
Need one more reason to want your own copy of this book? She includes produce guides for each season to make sure you are serving some of the freshest ingredients. From the detailed menus, decor tips, and all around love Kristin shows you this book is one you need in your kitchen.
Now before you go to the store to grab the ingredients for this dip you will want to scroll down a little further so you can actually get your very own copy of this book!
- 2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, softened (use low-fat to cut calories)
- 1½ cups shredded Swiss cheese (use reduced fat to cut calories)
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onion
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Mix all ingredients, leaving ½ cup toasted almonds aside. Blend well. Spread mixture into a 9 inch pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Garnish with remaining ½ cup toasted almonds. Serve with toasted baguette.
1. Enter the giveaway through the Rafflecopter widget below. After completing the mandatory entry – other options are given for additional entries. All entries will be verified. No purchase is required to win. This giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook in any way.
2. Open to US residents with a valid shipping address only. Must be 18 years of age as of September 4, 2015.
3. The giveaway is open until September 9, 2015 at 12 am EST. One email will be chosen at random and will be emailed within 48 hours. Winners must claim prize within 48 hours of initial contact.
Disclaimer: This book was given to me to review, but all opinions expressed are my own.