The combination of Milky Way candy in a giant cookie cake is reason enough to celebrate Hall Nesting’s 3rd birthday!
I was planning on making these as regular size cookies for mine and John’s anniversary since he loves cookies so much, but thought why not turn it into a cake to celebrate.
First off, I can’t believe I have been blogging here for 3 years. I also can’t believe how much I have learned about food, photography, website design and how I continue to learn something new everyday about the world of food blogging. But most of all I am so grateful for the friends I have made through blogging.
I should have gathered those friends to throw a virtual birthday party to celebrate today kinda like we did for the Chinese New Year.
I honestly did contemplate sharing with you my new Creamy Tagliatelle w/ Arugula and Toasted Hazelnuts recipe or one of my new french onion grilled cheese recipe (saving it for Grilled Cheese Month) or my Spanish Potato Croquettes.
But you also know that baby John Grayson has given me a little bit of a sweet tooth in my third trimester. I don’t know who is happier him or the husband – knowing that I will bake more now.
So go ahead preheat your oven, pour a tall glass of milk and enjoy a big slice of this cookie cake! And if you are a great cake decorator (which I am not) this cake would be perfect to pipe some icing onto it for a party!
Menu for the Week
Quail with Spinach and Cheesy Garlic Bread
- ½ cup softened unsalted butter
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1¾ cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Milky way candy, chopped (about 8 fun size bars)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a stand mixer, use the paddle attachment to cream together the butter and 2 sugars.
- While on a low setting, mix in eggs and vanilla.
- Then add in the rest of the dry ingredients, except the candy.
- Once it is full incorporated, with a spatula fold in the Milky Way candy.
- Spray a cake pan with nonstick cooking spray. Press the cookie dough into the pan.
- Bake for 20-25 until golden brown or a toothpick is inserted and comes out clean.
- Let it cool before serving.