With the Super Bowl around the corner everyone is going to need something to eat. Right?
Okay let’s get down to the real questions before we discuss food. 1) Who are you cheering for? 2) Do you even watch for the game or just the commercials and halftime performance? (cough my Mama cough)
I have to say I am not thrilled about either team – even though I will cheer for Eagles because I am not a Brady/Belichick fan. But I do have to give them props I heard that this was going to be their 7th appearance as a duo. Now if it were the Falcon/Colts/Titans/Panthers I’d really get into the game. Hey what can I say our state doesn’t have a NFL team!
Now while I love a good snack for the party….nothing beats cold weather, football and chili to me. And you know me I love a good chili – whether it’s turkey, beef, or chicken. I don’t know if I have a favorite though. Well I guess chicken is the winner now since I have two on the blog.
But I have been wanting to make this BBQ Chicken Chili for some time since I am obsessed with BBQ chicken pizza, burgers, and even sliders. I mean there is something about the combination of BBQ, chicken, cheddar cheese and cilantro that I love! Don’t you?
So you know Hall Nesting has you covered whether you are there for the game, commercials or the food. And may the best team win.
BBQ Chicken Chili
- 1 small red onion diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/3 pound red potatoes cubed
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 3 cups shredded Rotisserie chicken
- 1 15 oz. can pinto beans rinsed and drained
- 1 15 oz. can kidney beans rinsed and drained
- 1 18 oz. bottle of BBQ sauce*
- Garnishes: Shredded cheddar cheese cilantro, fritos
- In a large stockpot saute onion in olive oil for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, potatoes, and spices until fork tender (about 10 minutes).
- Add chicken, beans, and BBQ sauce. Let it simmer for at least 5 minutes.
- Add toppings.