These BBQ Honey Mustard Chicken Thighs will be the easiest thing you can get on your dinner table this week!
And you know how I like easy dinners these days. What can be better than an quick prep and clean up kind of dinner that both toddlers like? Ummm nothing!
So one of my childhood friends had asked me a while back to find a meal for her picky toddler. He eats the way our Amelia does. And I know as moms chicken breasts, chicken nuggets, chicken strips are our go to. But these juicy chicken thighs will change your mind and hopefully the little ones too.
Remember when I went on a honey mustard kick with this dressing, then a salad, then these Brussels sprouts? Then there was my BBQ kick recently with these burgers, chili and sliders. So I decided why not combine my two recent obsessions?
And to make it easier I am assuming most of you have honey in your pantry and BBQ sauce and mustard in your fridge right? Just add some soy sauce and fresh herbs and I guarantee you family will be thanking you. This is also a great meal to entertain with because you marinate the chicken thighs before everyone gets over there so the only clean up is the pan you bake them on!
I’m telling you I am trying to make everyone’s lives here easier. All you need now is a side dish like this or some roasted broccoli (which happened to be a favorite of my friend’s toddler). I mean kids these day you never know what they’ll eat!
BBQ Honey Mustard Chicken Thighs
- 8 boneless chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup coarse mustard
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 BBQ sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together the mustards, honey, BBQ sauce and soy sauce in a large bowl. Set aside about 1/4 cup.
- Add chicken thighs to bowl and toss to coat.
- Place the thighs in roasting pan prepared with cooking spray.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Spoon reserved sauce over thighs and serve.