There is nothing like a fresh caprese salad, Caprese Chicken, or Caprese Baked Eggs. Okay so maybe I like this combination a little too much. I know you are thinking it’s not summer time so why fire up the grill or that most food bloggers are posting Christmas recipes right now. Well just call me your pregnant foodie rebel! Talk to the people who decided December 21 would be National Hamburger Day. So instead of fresh baked cookies baby and I are going to have ourselves a burger!
The other reason is I have been a little scatter brained because all I can think about is today we find out if Blueberry is going to be a John Grayson or a Nora! To say excited is an understatement…can’t you see me jumping up and down pumping my fists in the air? Are you picturing it yet? Yes that is exactly what I did when my alarm went off at 5:21 this morning. John laughed because I have been doing this sort of thing all week long. So stay tuned for the gender reveal! Until then have a burger because you know you need something different before the week of Christmas right?!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Pinch of salt
- 4 slices of mozzarella cheese
- 4 tablespoons pesto
- 4 slices of tomato
- 4 hamburger buns
- Balsamic glaze optional
- Combine ground beef, Parmesan cheese, garlic, balsamic vinegar, and salt. Make four patties.
- Spread pesto on bottom bun. Place burger on bottom bun, then add a slice of cheese and tomato.
- Drizzle with balsamic glaze.
- Place top of bun on burger.
Menu for the WeekSloppy Joes & Glazed Carrots Shrimp & Grits Tamales & Black Bean Soup