Sometimes Chocolate Chip Cream Scones and a nice cup of coffee are like a warm hug to me in the early morning.
Well and a good book. That is if I can find a few minutes to read a book without chaos going on around me. And let’s be honest a warm cup of coffee is hard to find these days too. But I’m talking about a book that is not for work, not a cookbook, not to better myself…I mean the kind that you just can’t put down. One that is just extremely enjoyable.
Have you read one of those lately?
Same Here, Sisterfriend is one of those books if you are a mama – at any stage in motherhood. I know there are many types of friends out there. But when you are in the “trenches” as we like to say sometimes there is nothing like another mama to get you through the day. (See below how you can snag your very own copy).
My friend Rebekah is one of those for Sisterfriends. I mean who else can you call to tell them you are currently hiding in a closet hoping your kids won’t find you just so you can have a few moments of peace. Or that you handed your kids a bag of chips for dinner because it’s been one of those days. This book delivers many of those “moments” that you share with certain sisterfriends because sometimes only another mama can commiserate with you.
Now one of the things mentioned throughout this book are Cara’s Chocolate Chip Cream Scones. And you all know how much I love scones – I mean my Cranberry Orange ones are one of my most popular recipes. So when I was asked to help promote the book I couldn’t help but bake some of these famous scones.
Now warning – you may not be able to control how many you eat. I might be guilty of eating 2 or 3 before I even photographed them. So it only made sense to bake another batch and photograph them for real this time.
Chocolate Chip Cream Scones
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 ⁄2 tsp salt
- 5 tbsp chilled unsalted butter, cut into 1⁄4 inch cubes 3⁄4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt in large bowl.
- Using a pastry blender, quickly cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Stir in heavy cream with fork until dough begins to form (about 30 seconds).
- Transfer dough to countertop and knead by hand just until it comes together into a rough, slightly sticky ball, 5–10 seconds.
- Roll into a ball and then flatten into a 1-inch thick disc.
- Cut scones into desired size and place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake until light brown, 12–15 minutes.
- Enter the giveaway through the Rafflecopter widget below. After completing the mandatory entry – other options are given for additional entries. All entries will be verified. No purchase is required to win. This giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook in any way.
- Open to US residents with a valid shipping address only. Must be 18 years of age as of April 16, 2018.
- The giveaway is open until April 23, 2018 at 12 am EST. One email will be chosen at random and will be emailed within 48 hours. 2 Winners must claim prize within 48 hours of initial contact via Instagram.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclaimer: This book was given to me, but all opinions expressed are my own.
Recipe reprinted with permission.