This Corn and Cheese Quesadilla with Poblano Cream Sauce makes the perfect appetizer, lunch or light dinner…Just in time to celebrate tonight…
Can Cinco de Mayo be a favorite holiday? Well I am not gonna lie it might be one of mine. Just because I could eat Mexican food all day every day. I mean couldn’t everyone or is that just me?
To say Cinco de Mayo comes at a fun time is an understatement. John Grayson’s 1st birthday party was this weekend and that is also when we revealed the gender of our new addition. Can’t wait to tell you all about in the next addition of Friday Feedings.
Now quesadillas are such an easy thing to make. When I lived about 5 minutes from work in Indy I had quesadillas quite often. Let’s not talk about how many of these or grilled cheese sandwiches I ate.
I might could live off of cheese – you all should know this by now.
We normally have a big party shindig or just a small dinner party for tonight. It’s kinda a tradition in our family. You coming over? The more the merrier!
Corn and Cheese Quesadilla with Poblano Cream Sauce
Corn and Cheese Quesadilla
- 2 to rtillas
- 2/3 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese can substitute cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1/4 cup corn
Poblano Cream Sauce*
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 poblano pepper roasted, peeled and diced (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup yellow onion
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup sour cream
For the sauce:
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium high heat. Add onion and poblano pepper and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add heavy cream and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer until reduced, about 5 minutes.
- Cool then transfer to blender and process until smooth.
- Stir in sour cream.
For the quesadilla:
- Heat the quesadilla maker.**
- On one tortilla place half of the pepper jack and Mexican cheese, followed by the corn, and the rest of the cheese. Place 2nd tortilla on top.
- Place in quesadilla maker until crisp and the light indicates it's ready.
- Cut into wedges and serve with the sauce.
**In a pan over medium heat place the quesadilla and heat for 2-3 minutes then flip and heat other side until lightly browned, about 3 minutes.
Cinco de Mayo Menu
Appetizer: These delicious quesadillas
Entree: Mexican Chicken Casserole
Drinks: Margaritas and Pina Coladas (virgin for me of course)
Dessert: Tres Leches Cake
Menu of the Week
Twisted Caprese Salad
Cinco de Mayo Menu (see above)
Dessert: Triple Berry Bread