You know when you’ll need this Creamy Chicken, Mushroom and Brie Soup? Today!
If you look outside our window right now it’s snowing. And my two toddlers could not be more thrilled. The only downside to this of course is when we have to tell them it’s time to come inside before they freeze to death.
John Grayson was actually born in Indiana so we were used to snow for months in the winter but down south that’s a different story. I mean I’m sure you’ve all heard about the fiasco down here a few years ago. I still remember calling my boss when we had our first snow up there asking if we were supposed to come in and he laughed. I mean he obviously had not lived in the south where grocery stores get emptied out with even the threat of snow.
So as long as our power stays on we plan to have this soup. Or this one. If not the good ol PB and J will have to suffice!
PS I just realized I think this is only my 2nd recipe with Brie on here- definitely need to change that! What are some of your favorite Brie recipes? The combination of it with the wild mushrooms are out of this world. And if you have a favorite flavored olive oil it’s a great topping. I added some wild mushroom & sage to top it off. Stay warm out there!
Creamy Chicken, Mushroom and Brie Soup
- 3 tablespoons olive oil*
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 2 carrots peeled and chopped
- 2 cups mushrooms thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup flour
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cups shredded chicken
- 1/2 cup half and half room temp
- 8 oz. Brie rind removed and cut into pieces, room temp
- Flavored Olive Oil for garnish
- Sage for garnish
- Add olive oil to a large stockpot over medium heat. Add in the onions, carrots, and mushrooms. Saute for 5 minutes.
- Add in garlic and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Whisk in flour until lightly browned, about 1 minute.
- Add in chicken stock and chicken. Cook for about 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add half and half and brie. Simmer for about 10 minutes until brie has completely melted.
- Drizzle with olive oil and garnish with fresh sage.