How was your weekend? John and I enjoyed our first date night out where our families weren’t the babysitters. Drinks and a movie was just what this mama needed! The other days were filled with watching Hell on Wheels. And when I say days I mean it. We almost got through 3 seasons….don’t judge I’m sure you’ve done that at some point. Right?!
I also started shopping for outfits for our family Christmas pictures which we will probably take in a few months.
Now even though National Zucchini Day was August 8 with my little man taking up most of my time my days have been a little backwards. The first time I made this spread was when I cooked John’s favorite salmon dish. This is one those appetizers that is good with some bread or crackers. I might or might not have eaten a few bites of it with a spoon – I plead the fifth.
The zest of the lemon helps to cut through the creaminess of this dish and the zucchini well that of course is the star of the show. Try it out and see for yourself!
Creamy Parmesan Zucchini Spread
- 2 zucchini peeled
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 3 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Grate zucchini on large holes of box grater. Blot with paper towels to remove excess moisture.
- Heat skillet with about 2 tablespoons olive oil to medium high heat. Add zucchini and thyme. Cook stirring occasionally until light golden brown in spots, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer to bowl, add both cheese, lemon zest and juice. Stir to combine.