One of these days I am going to go to New York and more specifically visit Eataly.
But until then I will settle for the Little Eataly Food Truck on First Friday. I got the Tortellini Salad which made me realize I don’t even have a pasta salad recipe on the blog. I also had the Ravi Fritti (Fried Ravioli) with a Vodka Dipping Sauce.
Both were really good so as in true food blogger fashion I had to make my own. These Fried Ravioli would be perfect for an entree as well as an appetizer or snack while watching a big game or something!
- Package of cheese ravioli or filling of your choice
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Whole Milk
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- Oil for frying measurement will depend on the size of pan & if you have to keep adding more for each batch
- Marinara or Vodka Sauce for dipping
- Cook ravioli according to package directions. Drain and let cool to room temperature.
- Coat frying pan in oil. Heat oil over medium heat.
- Beat eggs and milk in one shallow dish. In another shallow dish toss together breadcrumbs, cheese, and Italian seasoning. Dredge each ravioli in egg mixture first then breadcrumb mixture.
- When oil is hot enough, place a batch of ravioli in the pan. Don't overcrowd. Fry ravioli for 2-3 minutes on each side, until deep golden brown.
- Place on baking sheet lined with paper towels to let excess moisture drain out. Repeat until all ravioli are fried.
- Serve with ravioli with favorite dipping sauce.