I can’t tell you when the last time I cooked with green beans was. Maybe when I had it for Thanksgiving last year. Wow, which makes me then think that that holiday is only a couple months away. One of the reasons I love this dish is you can premake the herb butter and store it in the fridge for 2 weeks and in the freezer for about a month and a half. And then all you have to do is boil the water, add the beans, drain, and add the butter and almonds. Can you say super easy and quick. Maybe for a total of 15 minutes at most!
I love when a vegetable can speak for itself? How beautiful do these look? And then add some more fresh ingredients from the herb butter and some sautéed almonds.
I paired this with lasagna.
Green Beans with Almonds and Herb Butter
- 1 pound green beans ends trimmed
- 3-4 tablespoons herb butter
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a skillet, melt regular butter. Add in almonds, cook until lightly golden, stirring occasionally. Remove almonds from pan and set aside.
- Boil water in large stockpot. Add the green beans and cook for 3-5 minutes until they are tender but a little crispy. Drain.
- Put green beans in a bowl and add the herb butter and salt. Garnish with almonds and toss.