Whip up this easy Guacamole recipe just in time for the big game on Sunday.
How have you been? Where have I been? Buried away studying! But more on that on Friday. Right now let’s focus on the fact that how can I claim to love Mexican food and not have a guacamole recipe on my blog? Crazy right? Well now I do!
I cannot have a party much less go to one without bringing or making or praying that some kind of dip will be there.
And it’s perfect for you to bring to that Superbowl party you might be going to. I have to admit I will be cheering for the Seahawks for a second year in a row. Not only are their colors (navy blue and lime green) my favorites but I cannot cheer on the Patriots. Especially after they took away the Superbowl chances from my Colts.
Here is the thing you will find the most shocking…drum roll please…before this recipe I had only made guacamole once or twice. Same thing goes for salsa…Yes refer back up to my claim for loving Mexican food and not having this on my blog either.
What can I say I am back in the kitchen with a vengeance. Does that even make sense? Who cares it sounded good in my head. Can’t wait to give you a rundown on life on Friday Feedings. But until then go ahead go to the grocery store pick up these ingredients so you don’t show up empty handed while watching the big game.
- 3 ripe avocados
- 1 lime juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 medium tomato diced and remove seeds
- 1/3 cup finely diced red onion
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 jalapeno ribs & seeds removed, then diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro finely chopped
- Cut the avocados in half and twist them apart, removing the pit. Scoop the avocado into a bowl.
- Mash avocado with a fork to still keep it a little chunky.
- Add seasonings and lime juice
- Fold in rest of ingredients and serve!