All I want to do is talk to you about my big news…but that will just have to wait until Friday Feedings…but those of you who follow me on Instagram already know!
A couple of weeks I posted a pic of having some awesome Fiesta Chili for dinner and then wanted more chili so I had my Cream Cheese Chicken Chili a week later. I mean why not since it was a cold rainy day and it was predicted to be Snowmaggedon in the south – which in Birmingham was a flop! But the bowl of chili was just what we needed to stay warm.
But anytime I make chili I have to make cornbread. It’s like peanut butter and jelly – they just go hand and hand together. One of the things I love about cornbread is if you have a basic recipe you can do so many different things with it. Sometimes I like to make it an herb cornbread and other times it needs a little more spice hence the jalapeno cheddar cornbread.
Jalapeno Cheddar Cornbread
- 1 1/2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted and cooled
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons seeded and diced fresh jalapeno peppers
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Butter a 9" cake pan or 8x8 square baking pan.
- In a large bowl stir together all of the dry ingredients. In another bowl mix together the butter, buttermilk and eggs. Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredient bowl. Add in the cheese and jalapenos and stir.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick is inserted and comes out clean.
- Let it sit for 10 minutes before serving.
Menu of the Week
Salmon Panzanella Salad
Manicotti with Green Beans
Mushroom and Fontiago Pizza