This pizza packs a punch with the jalapenos, a triple dose of cheese and some crispy bacon to put the well known appetizer to shame.
Lately our life has been was filled with friends coming over for some Southern Burgers with Pimento Cheese & Fried Green Tomatoes and Loaded Cheese Fries, weddings, and some nice family time. I think we only have 2 more jam packed weekends. And then I plan on being lazy!! Okay we all know my “being lazy” is watching a TV show and on commercial breaks I clean or do things on my to do list.
Speaking of shows – most of mine have hit their summer hiatus which leaves me antsy but don’t worry I have RHOC, Big Brother, Suits and Graceland to look forward to. Any others you recommend?
I love pizza. Plain and simple. Probably because no matter what you are craving you can easily add a new twist – a classic Margherita, Southwestern, a fresh version with Pesto and Veggies, Creamy BBQ Chicken Pizza, a white pizza…ya you get the point. But that leaves me to ask you – what is your favorite type of pizza? This Jalapeno Popper Pizza has now topped my list!
And the next big question is are you a sauce person? Some people do not want any sauce to dip their pizza into. I’m all about the dips, ’bout the dips…(sung in my Meghan Trainor voice). Whether it’s marinara, ranch dressing, blue cheese, or garlic butter dipping sauce I love them all!
Let’s be honest the stars of the show in this pizza are the jalapenos, bacon, and cheese. Now when I was recipe testing this I made the pizza two ways for two types of people. There are those people who like a little spice but not enough to where the taste lingers in your mouth (myself). And a lot more spice (John). The choice is yours!
Now I know with typical jalapeno poppers – the cream cheese is generally plain but I thought I would add a little bit of chives because it would just another layer of flavor. Also if we are being honest like I truly am with you guys, my herb garden is
WAAAY a little out of control. So herbs are going into everything lately!!
Jalapeno Popper Pizza
- 1 ball pizza dough homemade or store bought
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 tablespoon chives finely chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 3 slices of cooked bacon about 1/2 cup chopped
- 1 large shallot minced 2 tablespoons
- 2 jalapenos finely minced with seeds and ribs removed or thinly sliced*
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees or as directed. Coat a baking sheet or pizza pan with cooking spray.
- Roll out pizza dough to pan.
- Mix together cream cheese and chives in a small bowl. Spread on cream cheese mixture leaving a small border for crust. Top with the other two cheeses, followed by the bacon, shallots and jalapenos.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until crust is crisp and the bottom of the pizza is lightly browned.
Menu of the Week