The best way to describe these amazing treats are to compare the flavors to a Twix candy bar. If you like those you’ll love these!
I kept seeing everyone’s break end yesterday but mine ended a week ago, so I got to reminisce about mine yesterday when I got to tell yall about our trip to Chicago. Since we were down south for almost two weeks we didn’t have any Wednesday night dinners but it now has become a regular thing for me to bake something. So this is what I baked for the guys recently and they loved it!
Millionaire Shortbread aka Twix Bars
- 1 stick butter cut into small pieces, a little extra for the pan
- 1 cup flour plus a little extra for the pan
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 oz. chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place aluminum foil in one 8x8 inch square nonstick pan. Allow it to fold over sides - this will help you get the bars out easily.
- Butter the foil and then sprinkle with flour to coat it. Tap off excess.
- Place the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a food processor and pulse once. Add butter and pulse until mixture is coarse and looks like peas.
- Press the shortbread mixture into the pan and bake for about 20 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
- In a small saucepan combine the condensed milk and 1 Tbsp. of butter over medium low heat. Slowly bring the mixture to a boil, stirring continuously. Stir until mixture becomes thick and amber in color, about 15 minutes. Stir in vanilla.
- While caramel is cooking, in a glass bowl add the chocolate chips and set over a saucepan of simmering water. Add butter and allow to all melt completely.
- When caramel is done pour over the cooled shortbread and spread evenly using spatula. Cool to room temperature.*
- When the chocolate is fully melted, pour over the cooled caramel layer. If it is uneven use a spatula to spread the chocolate layer.
- Let it sit for 10 minutes then place in the refrigerator to cool completely. Then cut into pieces and enjoy!