There is nothing better than watching a football game while chowing down on your favorite snacks.
Well maybe having a pint of your favorite beer to go along with it.
I first made these nachos with some chicken I slow cooked in a homemade taco spice mix and some salsa. Now while those were great…I thought I needed to do something a little quicker than a slow cooker for game day…well until it gets cooler for chili.
And let’s be honest I have overloaded you with chicken stuff lately. But I do have some Sweet and Sour Baked Chicken and BBQ Chicken Thighs coming down the pipeline soon anyways.
And also if your team loses there is nothing worse than having a lot to clean up. Luckily with this you only have two dishes – I’d say that’s a plus right?
So who are you cheering for this weekend? You know I’ll be rooting on my Auburn Tigers as they play Georgia Southern. But one game that is sure to be a good match up in the south on Saturday is Alabama and FSU.
But even if you don’t plan on watching any games this weekend these Sheet Pan Beef Nachos are sure to be a crowd-pleaser at any time. I mean seriously they are finger licking good!
Sheet Pan Beef Nachos
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- Tortilla chips enough to cover a baking sheet in a single layer
- 1/3 can of refried black beans
- 1/3 cup white queso
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Toppings: Pico de Gallo or Salsa Jalapeno, Sour Cream, Guacamole, Cilantro
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- In a large skillet, prepare your pan with cooking spray. Then over medium/high heat add your ground beef and red onion.
- Cook the beef until no longer pink, about 5-7 minutes. Add in taco seasoning. Stir to combine. Set aside.
- Lay the chips on a large sheet pan sprayed with nonstick spray. Put in a single layer, only slightly overlapping.
- Place dollops of beans over the chips (about a teaspoon here and there).
- Then sprinkle the ground beef mixture over the chips.
- Drizzle the chips with the queso.
- Sprinkle everything with the shredded cheese.
- Bake for approximately 10-12 minutes, until cheese has melted.
- Remove from oven and top with the additional toppings.