The one restaurant that I miss the most is hands down Surin. I am pretty sure you have heard me mention that once or twice or maybe even three times…But I can’t help it, every time I go home I have to eat there at least once. Now even though I am a creature of habit getting the Coconut Soup, Volcano Roll and Crab Angles I have on the rare occasion gotten a few other dishes that are just as good like the Chicken Noodle Bowl – grilled chicken breast, rice noodles, and ginger in a lemon curry sauce.
When I went to the beach a couple of weeks ago I decided to forgo shopping for clothes and spend a little too much money on seafood to bring back to Indy with me. One of the things I brought back were some beautiful shrimp. Originally I hand planned to do a recipe redo for my old shrimp and grits recipe. But I changed my mind when all I could think about was Surin.
I decided I wanted to redo the Chicken Noodle bowl and replace the chicken with shrimp and add a little more curry and thicken the sauce.
Shrimp Noodle Bowl
- 1 pound shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 can 14 oz. coconut milk
- Dash of hot sauce
- 1/2 box of rice noodles
- Soak noodles in warm water for 15 minutes.
- Bring coconut milk, fish sauce, ginger, curry and hot sauce to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer. Once it thickens, about 10 minutes, add in shrimp. Cook for 5 minutes or until they turn pink and begin to curl.
- Add noodles, mix until they are well coated with sauce.