What are some of your favorite comfort foods?
One of mine is tomato soup. Better yet a good ol’ bisque. Then add in some cheesy tortellini and I’m weak in the knees. I served this at our last Supper Club with a Roasted Red Pepper Caprese Grilled Cheese and Iceberg Wedge Salad and it was all a hit!
And what can be more of a hit in this house than a one pot dish?
Tomato Tortellini Bisque
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 package of refrigerated cheese tortellini
- ½ c. grated Parmesan cheese
- A few fresh basil leaves
- In a large stock pot combine vegetable stock, crushed tomatoes, and spices over medium heat for 15 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add cream and tortellini. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until tortellini is tender.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Top with fresh basil.