It’s chili season!!!!
I know I keep talking about how excited I am that fall is here but I really am. John Grayson, Amelia and I have been taking daily strolls around the neighborhood and watching the leaves change color.
A couple of weeks ago I asked what recipes yall wanted to see. The main responses were Beef Stew, Winter Squash Soup and in a landslide – Chili. Little did you know I had one in the works already. I feel like you should have a go to chili recipe! But the problem is I have a few – a beef one, a chicken one, and now a turkey one.
After I had just given birth to JG, people took me meals and one them was a turkey mango chili. So when I decided to recreate it all I could remember about it was it had turkey, mangoes, and a bell pepper. Not a lot to go on but it definitely left me with a lot of room to get creative. What’s in your favorite chili?
Turkey Mango Chili
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 1/2 large onion diced about 1 cup
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 16 oz. jar of mango salsa
- 1/2 mango peeled and diced into bite size pieces
- 1 can cannellini beans rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons coriander
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- Olive oil
- Heat a little olive oil in a stockpot. Add onion and red bell pepper. Saute for 4-5 minutes.
- Add ground turkey and cook until cooked through (about 7-8 minutes).
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir until fully incorporated. Cover stockpot and simmer on low for 30 minutes.