The base of this salad starts with a light airy whipped ricotta cheese then is topped with fresh arugula and cherry tomatoes tossed in a tangy basil walnut vinaigrette.
Bachelor in Paradise ended Monday night. (This is where my mama rolls her eyes over my love for reality shows.) I didn’t think I would care for it as much as the Bachelor and Bachelorette, but it drew me in of course.
I was expecting Lacy & Marcus to end up together – not get engaged though. I was a little surprised by Cody & Michelle getting together. And was definitely taken back that Sarah & Robert didn’t end up together – they were my favorite.
Even John watched a few episodes (don’t revoke his man card) he does it because he loves me of course. I know quite a few guys who watch these shows haha. But before you give him a hard time his favorite show that I was telling yall about is a western with lots of manly things cowboys, indians, railroad building, shoot ’em up kind of things – (man card reinstated).
I saw this salad on Food Network one morning. And it made me realized I had never made anything with whipped cheese even though I have quite a few recipes calling for whipped goat cheese and whipped feta.
Besides the taste – the best part of this dish is the presentation. Isn’t it lovely?
Whipped Ricotta Salad with Basil Walnut Vinaigrette
- 1 cup ricotta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons walnuts
- 2 tablespoon white balsamic vinaigrette
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 3 cups arugula
- Place the ricotta, olive oil, and salt in a food processor. Blend until smooth and light. Place aside.
- Place all the dressing ingredients (except olive oil) in a food processor and pulse. While it is running drizzle in the olive oil until the dressing is incorporated.
- Toss the arugula and tomatoes with the dressing.
- Spread the whipped ricotta onto a platter then top with the rest of the salad.
Menu for the WeekTurkey Fingers with Sweet Potatoes Shrimp Boil Baked Ziti with Caprese Salad Dessert: Chocolate Chip Macadamia Nut Cookies