Cream of Mushroom Soup
I go ahead and buy the pre-sliced mushrooms but if you can't find them the processor will still be able to chop them up.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 onion diced
- 8 oz. shiitake mushrooms brushed clean, stems removed
- 4 oz. baby bella mushrooms brushed clean
- 1 pint of vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme or 1 tsp. dried
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 2/3 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon. brandy
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
Melt butter in stock pot over medium heat. Add onions, saute for 8-10 minutes until translucent.
Add all mushrooms to a food processor and finely chop.
Add mushrooms to pot. Cook for 5 minutes until softened. Then add stock, thyme, and salt & pepper to pot. Bring to a boil. Then simmer for 20 minutes.
Add cream and brandy to pot then simmer for 4 minutes. Garnish with chives.